Let Gunnison help you leverage GEO Spatial information for your enterprise solutions today.
Gunnison created the system used by the US Census Bureau that puts real-time, spatially correct map information in the hands of agents in the field. This requires taking housing data and addresses collected at the county level and translating it to map information that can be delivered via mobile application.
Recent Geospatial Projects and Highlights
Census Geography Division Support
- The Census Geo Division plans, coordinates, and administers all geographic and cartographic activities needed to facilitate the CB statistical programs throughout the US and its territories.
- Over 40,000 tribal, state and local governments contribute to the enhancement of the Master Address File/Topologically Integrated Geographic Encoding and Referencing (MAF/TIGER) Database (MTDB) by providing regular updates to the CBs boundary, street, centerline, and address data.
- The GEO division collects this information through twelve distinct geographic programs.
Geographic Update Partnership Software (GUPS)
Gunnison developed GUPS to enable multiple geographic programs to load, edit, and display geospatial data from Census and send updates back to update the Census MAF/TIGER Database (MTDB)
- Capture updates to, and improve accuracy of geographic data that includes addresses, boundaries, and street center-lines;
- Allow participants to update legal, statistical and administrative boundaries as well as supporting geographies;
- Allow participants to delineate geographic areas and resolve boundary differences;
- Reduce the production, shipping and handling of paper maps and paper listings by the CB and its program participants and improve processing cycle times.
Listing & Mapping Application (LIMA)
LiMA is an application used to gather, update and verify address and geographic data.
Used predominantly to update address lists for various surveys but is also used to proved geographic data such as streets and map spotting of housing units.
- Add/Update/Delete/Verify Addresses (Single Family Homes, Multi-unit Structures, Mobile Homes, Trailers, Boats, Tents, Group Quarters, Landmarks)
- Support for multiple different types of operations and configurations (Quality Checks, Address Canvasing, Dependent and Independent Listings, Address Verification, Time of Interview, Coverage Measurement)
- Gather GPS/GNSS and manual map spots
- Provide satellite imagery underlay to base map (or hybrid)
- Provide “You are here” orientation
- Investigate alternate names for roads, structures, etc.
GIS in Other Census Solutions
Census Operations Mobile Platform for Adaptive Services and Solutions (COMPASS)
- Uses geolocation data to ensure enumerators are at the right place when entering survey responses
Census Housing Unit and Person Matching Review and Coding Software
- Custom-developed Clerical Address Geocoding Software
- Automated and Manual Geocoding
- Integrated Map Viewer and Address Search Tools