Gunnison supports the Department of State (DOS) in securing a complex global IT infrastructure that provides the platform to conduct diplomacy and advance U.S. national and economic security interests. The systems and infrastructure service over 100,000 users across 285 U.S. embassies, and consulates rely on a diverse array of information technology tools and information assets. Gunnison is responsible for supporting the Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) in establishing effective information resource management planning and policies for the Department, as well as protecting the Department’s Information Technology systems and information assets. The scope of our work includes 547 unclassified and classified systems categorized at the high, moderate and low impact levels — of which 26 of the systems are identified as high value assets (HVA) by DHS.
Gunnison provides comprehensive cybersecurity support to the Department of State consistent with NIST standards and current regulatory requirements and tailored to DOS operating environment needs. Gunnison provides experienced cybersecurity practitioners and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to manage and perform the myriad of security tasks listed below.
- Monitoring, Log, and Ticket Analysis
- Malware Analysis and Prevention
- Unauthorized Software Support
- Process and Data Review
- Continuous Diagnostics and Monitoring
- Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) and Assessment
- Cyber Tool Research and Acquisition
- Security Engineering Support
- Security Information Baselines
- Cloud Security Engineering Services
- Risk and Vulnerability Assessments
- Contractor Project Management Planning
- Cybersecurity Training
- Supply Chain Support
- Cybersecurity Policy Audit
- Event and Incident Management
- Privacy Threshold Analysis
- Privacy Compliance Reviews
As one of many contractors supporting the global mission of the State Department, Gunnison works collaboratively with over a dozen large and small contractors who provide cloud services, software development, system maintenance, and infrastructure support across the enterprise. We lead frequent sessions to closely coordinate the security aspect of our work with other contractor teams and ensure the seamless support of the State Department mission.